Home / Exhibitions / Permanent Exhibits
(open new windows)  POST TO TWITTER (open new windows)  POST TO FACEBOOK (open new windows)  POST TO PLURK (open new windows)  GOOGLE BOOKMARK (open new windows)  YAHOO BOOKMARK
Permanent Exhibits
Permanent Exhibits
Old Architecture New Life
Old Architecture New Life

The building originally housed the Tainan Prefectural Government during the Japanese Colonial Period (1895-1945), and, after WWII, served as the office of the ROC Air Force Support Command, and then the office of the Tainan City Government. Now known as “The Former Tainan District Hall”, the building has stood for over a century, and is a successful example of a historic building that has been restored and given new purpose.

In order to emphasize the history and value of this architectural legacy, this exhibit has been divided into three sections, including:

  1. The historical development of government buildings on Taiwan during the Japanese Colonial Period.
  2. Architectural aesthetics of the Former Tainan District Hall.
  3. The value of restoring and reusing historic buildings.

Date: 2011.10.22~

Venue: 1st Floor, Exhibition Room A

Last Updated on 2016-08-05
 
Opening Hours
Tues. to Sun.
from 9:00 to 18:00
Free Admission
Address
No.1, Zhongzheng Rd., West Central District, Tainan City 700, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel
(+886) 6-221-7201
E-mail
service@nmtl.gov.tw
Web Priority A Plus Accessibility Approval